Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Delicious Apple Nut Cake

I have tried baking apple nut cake few times, as my husband like it very much. Sometimes, it came out nice, sometimes... not so good. Nevertheless, still my husband like to eat it. So last Monday (MLK's Day), I tried this recipe which I found in one of my recipe book. It was delicious... but one thing, you can minimise the sugar content. I don't like it so sweet.

Ingredients:

2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
2 tsps. vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 delicious apples (finely chopped and not peeled)
1 cup chopped walut

Methods
1. Preheat oven at 350ºF (175ºC).
2. Beat sugar, oil and eggs together. Beat well & Add vanilla extract. Put aside.
3. Sift flour, salt, baking soda & nutmeg together. Add the chopped apple to sugar mixture and beat well. Stir in flour mixture and beat well. Lastly, stir in the walnuts.
4. Pour batter into greased and floured 2 pound baking pan. Bake at 350ºF for 45 minutes.


2 cups of sugar, 1 cup vegetable oil, 2 eggs & 2 big apples (unpeeled & chopped)


Beat sugar, oil & eggs together.


Add vanilla extract to the mixture.


Sift flour


Add salt.


Add nutmeg.


Add baking soda.

Then addthe apple to the sugar mixture. Then add the dry ingredients to it and beat well then lastly, stir in the walnuts. (No pictures included).


Pour the batter in a greased and floured baking pan.
Then bake at 350ºF for 45 minutes.


After 45 minutes. This is how the cake look like. Cool it and then you can slice it and eat.. may be whipped cream. hehehe yummy. (but I don't like to eat it with whipped cream).


I just eat it plainly like this... but still yummy to me.






No comments: