Friday, November 28, 2008

My Thanksgiving Menu - 2008

Thanksgiving Day is a harvest festival. Traditionally, it is a time to give thanks for the harvest and express gratitude in general. It is a holiday celebrated primarily in Canada and the United States. In the United States, the Americans celebrated it on the fourth Thursday of November annually. Thanksgiving dinner is held on this day, usually as a gathering of family members and friends.

Being a Christian, there is a reason to celebrate the "Thanksgiving". It's a time for us acknowledge the goodness of God and His blessings to us, throughout the year. This is my third year celebrated it here. I just cook simple and the basic thanksgiving menu only as there were only three of us in the family. Below are my menus :

Main Dish : Turkey

John was trying to help, putting the stuffing inside the turkey..but unfortunately he gave up, so I have to finish the job.

Here the turkey is ready to be cook in the oven, after stuffed it with the stuffing, and securely seal the opening. Before putting it inside the oven, need to rub the turkey with the herbs.



Finally, it is cooked after 3½ hrs. Need to be patient.. haha


Side Dish :
1) Green Beans Casseroles



I bought the frozen green beans. Boil it for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and mix with the mushroom cream soup and fried onions. Then baked for 10 mins.


2) Stuffing :



3) Baked Sweet Potatoes :

Cubed the sweet potatoes and add some butter, maple syrup, a bit of ginger powder and cinnamon.



4) Cranberry Sauce :


Making cranberry sauce is very easy. Just add a little water to a pound of cranberries and add sugar. Then boil till the cranberries burst. Meanwhile stir till all burst.



This cranberry sauce is to be eaten with the turkey.


Desert : Pumpkin Pie

Putting the crust securely on the pie pan.

Putting the pumpkin mixture on the crust and ready to be baked.



It's cooked but there's a slight crack in the middle.

Dinner Time :

Proudly showing my menu for the day. Unfortunately, my stuffing didn't turn out that nice. Sorry, my table setting not perfect or grand. It's just a simple one.. for my family. No wine! We don't drink wine at dinner time.

Below, my husband cuffed the turkey meat.


Here is my share

Happy Thanksgiving and God bless!!!

1 comment:

William said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Nice cooking!

My daughters in UK cooked a huge goose for Christmas. They said that it wasn't nice.